Re: Utility Tub in garage
Posted by Tim on June 24, 2003 at 23:52:23:
In response to Re: Utility Tub in garage
If you have water and a drain in your garage, then you are one of the super lucky ones! Lots of people would love to have that. I know I would have loved it in my last house. My new house has floor drains, but they are in the center of the garage floor. I don't think i'll be busting up the floor to put other drains in. But anyway, yes all you have to do is tap into your water and drain and you will be fine. It's no different then adding a dish washer. You tap into the sink water and drain lines there. Go for it!

: I recently moved into my first home and I would really like a utility tub in the garage for cleaning up messy projects instead of taking the stuff into the kitchen. There are no other water connections in the garage besides the washer ones.

: Are these sufficient to do what I want to do? Can I just split both the hot and cold water connections to go to the washer and to the tub then have them drain into the same drain? I am a real novice at this so please give as much detail as you can.

: Would there be any problem with the utility tub backing up or would it be able to drain?

: Thanks in advance for the help.

: Trey

Replies to this post
There are none.