Re: gas water heater
Posted by hj on June 18, 2003 at 09:49:08:
In response to Re: gas water heater
You need two proper sized vents besides the flue through the roof. You need one within a foot of the floor, and the other in the ceiling or within a foot of the ceiling. The easiest way is to put screened vents in the door panel. But you could put a screened vent in the floor if there ia a space large enough for it, (usually not).

: I am purchasing a manufactured home that has a gas water heater that has no oxygen venting system. Yes, it has the normal vent through the roof but it has no source of getting oxygen when the door panel is in place as it normally should be. How do you suggest venting the unit to outside air ? I was told to go through the floor...if so, how do you stop insects from coming in the same way ?
: Thanks !

Replies to this post
There are none.