Re: roots in sewer
Posted by harvey spears Florida Gen. Contractor on June 17, 2003 at 01:43:10:
In response to Re: roots in sewer
: Hi,

: My sewer line has stopped up twice. The first time I had it roto rootered it stayed clear for almost two years, this time for just over one year.

: I'm afraid at some point I might have to have my sewer line replaced as I have quite a few trees and shrubs near the line. The line also runs under a driveway and a privacy fence, some fruit trees, and the cleanout is set in stone. I'm looking around for a simpler, less expensive solution. I think I have a terra cotta sewer, though I'm not positive.

: I'd like to know how I should proceed from here. Should i just keep having it Roto-Rootered for now and see what happens? I just did a search on the net and read up on RootX which is sold only to plumbers, which is supposed to kill the roots. It's supposed to be guaranteed to work for a year, though I would need to get the line cleared first before it's applied. Supposedly it is environmentally safe, at least they say that. I'm wondering it this is a good solution. (Here's a link to some info.) http://www.connel.net/rootx/

: Also, there are plumbing companies around here now who use a machine to go inside the line and break up the old sewer line and replace it without having to dig. Can anyone tell me anything about that?

: Thanks!
: Liz
-------------------------------------------------
Yes Liz

Please go to our site below we have the answer
on sewer root's --Also have products that kill snake infested weeds on your beach & docks.
Thanks Harvey Spears

Replies to this post
There are none.