Re: water softener not functioning
Posted by T. White on June 14, 2003 at 18:29:36:
In response to Re: water softener not functioning
: A few weeks ago, my softener brine tank filled all the way up and remained there
: for several days, as the water in the tank continuously ran outof the overflow. I continued to get soft water
: for a few days until (presumably) I ran out of salt. Then I turned it to "bypass". I have spent the last few
: nights trying to fix it. I disassembled the inlet and the main and injector valves, looking for sticking or
: blockage.
: Having found none, I checked the timer function. The timer appears to be working perfectly and the
: control seems to cycle the valves correctly. I'm wondering if the "regen" cycle is working, since I don't
: hear the water rush into the softener cylinder
: when its in the "regen" cycle. I do notice the backflush and rinse cycles seem to work, judging by the
: water discharged from the hose. I took the brine tank out and cleaned it before putting it
: back in service. I put a few gallons in by hand and the level seems to maintain lower than it had previously
: when it worked correctly, but it isn't dry.
: I'm stumped. The softener appears to be functioning, I think salt is being consumed,
: but no soft water. I have the feeling I'm overlooking something simple, and I don't want to
: buy a new one if that's true, even if the local home supply people tell me that's all that can be done.
: Moreover, I don't even know if putting in a new one will fix the problem at all.
: What else should I look for in order to solve this? I can't even
: find the manufacturer (AquaMaster) on the internet, and local contractors have not heard of it.

Replies to this post
There are none.