Re: 3 piece tub/whirlpool/shower unit
Posted by chris on June 11, 2003 at 17:00:39:
In response to Re: 3 piece tub/whirlpool/shower unit
: : : : Im considering installing a three piece tub/shower unit in my bath room as a part of an entire remodel.
: : : : the problem im having is that i cannot find any info on the intial frame work.
: : : : i know ill need a mortar base and cement board liner of sorts
: : : : but does any body know the dimensions to fit a 60" x 32"x 87" kit?
: : : : i surfed the manufactures website but found nothing. the kit is made by GALBOCCA.
: : : : kind of a bummer cause i cant frame my new door opening until i find out where the completed deal is going to set.
: : : : any info to keep job rolling well be apreciated

: : : Some tubs do not need a mortar base (never heard of using cement board). A mortar base, if you need it, goes down when you install the tub, so don't worry about it now. And I don't quite understand your framing problem. You have the dimensions you need.
: : : Deb
: : : The Pipewench

: : its happened to me before , i use the dimensions they give me and they neglect to tell me about a needed clearance for something, you go back to enqiure and get some contactors business card. or they changed a dimenionsion on something.
: : the cement board.i hate drywall,the dirtiest product ever invented to put in a home personal preference more than anything. i like the fact that it wont crumble and fall apart over time from any condensation or as a result of a broken pipe/fitting, the jury (wife) is still out on that

: If you are concerned, either get the tub now or get another tub that you can get specs on. I've plumbed hundreds of new houses, remodeled dozens, and never had any tub troubles (other than the framers that put the wall on the wrong side of the snap line) when I had the dimensions. If you know the dimension of each piece, you should be okay.
: Deb
: The Pipewench

thanks Deb.i'll giver a go!

Replies to this post
There are none.