Re: Wax -free bowl gasket
Posted by hj on June 10, 2003 at 09:50:16:
In response to Re: Wax -free bowl gasket
My only comment about it is that I don't really trust the connection using the cardboard spacer routine. I prefer to seat the FM unit to the bowl first, and then use the bowl to press it into the pipe the necessary distance. It is harder to line up this way, but by doing so I can be sure that the FM unit really connected to the bowl, and did not compress the cardboard without sealing.

: I have used the fluidmaster wax-free gasket 7503 now and it installed very easily with no leaking. I have suggested using this to others on this board. I am wondering what the pros here think of it if they have used them or what they think of the idea? I also wonder if there is a potential to restrict the flush since the horn now empties into the smaller opening of the gasket than the 3" drain. I installed it on an American standards "Standards Collection" toilet and it doesn't flush as well as I expected and I wonder if using traditional wax ring may make the flush better? If so then Fluidmaster really should have a warning that this product may lessen the flushing effectiveness. Thanks for any opinions.

: I have to think this a great product for "recessed" flanges or for toilets that may wobble at installation.

Replies to this post
There are none.