Re: looking for Oates valve
Posted by hj on June 07, 2003 at 01:40:28:
In response to Re: looking for Oates valve
It is Oatey and the valves come with the washing machine hook up box. Most plumbing supply stores will have the complete unit. I have never seen the valves separately.

: I recently came across a strangely small shut-off valve for a clothes washer hookup. The valve had "OATES" or OATE-something cast into the side (the last letter, if any, was obliterated). It also had "Tiawan" on the reverse side. There was a small blue handle on the top (smaller than the typical faucet handle) and it appeared to operate with only 1/2 turn on/off.

: The internal seals blew out. Does anyone know where to find another valve like this? Internet searches for Oates have not turned up anything useful.

: thanks,
: John

Replies to this post
There are none.