Re: water pipes in new home
Posted by Hube on June 05, 2003 at 12:08:11:
In response to Re: water pipes in new home
: I just visited our new construction site and found that the �replacement plumber� (auggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) is putting in �" copper piping along with �" copper piping throughout the house.

: Since I have been un-able to contact this guy this evening I am hoping I may gat some valuable/helpful information from an expert plumber here!

: The hot water heater with a re-circulating pump is set off to the side of the house.
: We will be having 5 bathrooms: 2 with spas, 1 with regular tub, 3 will have separate showers - 2 of the 3 will have a �Mr. Steam�
: Laundry room has W/D, and laundry sink
: Kitchen will have 2 dishwashers, 1 main sink, 1 prep-sink and a pot filler
: Powder room will have sink and toilet. All toilets will be low-flush.

:

:

:
: Can anyone explain the advantage (other than the plumber saving money!!!) to do it this way?

: We have had a problem for years with water going cold/hot in the shower when someone either turned on a faucet, garden hose, or flushed.

: Since this is a total re-build I had hoped for/ expected �" (at least) on all copper trunk (horizontal) lines.

: Am I out-of-line on this point? MEG; Is there not a drawing or some schematic that was drawn up prior to installation? in order to obtain a price was'nt the lay-out discussed?? It seems you know more than the plumber!? if he has a certified trade licence, Etc, etc, then i think he must know what he's doing. Having 5 bathrooms etc is a lot of fixtures on the main line... be it 1"or 3/4. This size of a job is not for the amatuer. Check out his qualifications, or make sure he follows the approved drawings or sketches that should have been taken out prior to the plumbing PERMITS..

Replies to this post
There are none.