Re: kohler products
Posted by LonnythePlumber on June 04, 2003 at 23:23:38:
In response to Re: kohler products
: A long time ago, a plumber had once told me that the bathroom fixtures (Kohler, Standard, etc) that you purchase at Home Depot or any big home improvement store are all seconds. He said that in order to purchase quality fixtures, you need to order from the company directly. I don't know whether any of this is true or not, but we remodeled our bathroom in the late 80's with Kohler, and the contractor purchased the fixtures directly from Kohler, and they worked beautifully. They still work good as new today.

: With your problem, it seems to me like the fixtures were installed wrong, or not hooked up right. To me, it sounds like the fault lies in the hands of the plumber or contractor that installed the fixtures, not Kohler.

: Best of luck resolving your problem!

The shower faucet probably just needs to be adjusted. These newer temperature and pressure balancing valves are difficult to balance. You should be able to read and perform the manufacturers instructions. The bidet sprayers can be a challenge similiar to kitchen faucet sprayers. The washers in the sprayer could have tried out or the faucet is not shutting off. Kohler and American Standard are good names but their 1.6 gallon toilets are not as good as other lines. I agree with Terry Love's recommendation on the TOTO's. Kohler is now on their fourth design or thereabouts and keep making improvements. However I replaced two new ones last year and the year before. Ask to have the toilets replaced and have the contractor pay for a repair plumber to fix the shower and bidet or to have them replaced. Before you run out of the warranty period. LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post