Re: How can I move my bathroom sink over 6 inches?
Posted by hj on June 03, 2003 at 09:27:52:
In response to Re: How can I move my bathroom sink over 6 inches?
It is immaterial as long as the piping is in the cabinet. In its simplest terms, you remove, or cut off, the existing pipe from the wall and then put a fitting in to deflect the drain towards the new location. That could be 1/16, 1/8, or 1/4 bend depending on the amount of offset and the distance available.

: Nevermind, the URL link doesn't work. I don't know how to show you what I'm working with. Thanks anyway.

: : Yes, I want to keep the piping in the cabinet, but I want the cabinet moved to the left about 6-8". The attached URL has a picture of the bathroom. The dimensions are as follows:
: : From the wall to the cabinet is 11"; the cabinet itself is 21" (I was incorrect when I said it was 24" previously); the clearance that the door has from the cabinet when opening is 4".

: : : As long as the piping will still be in the cabinet it is usually a simple job, but without seeing it we cannot tell you exactly how to do it.

: : : : I have a small bathroom in which I want to change out the vanity cabinet and sink. I would like to go from a 25" to a 31". Problem is, if the sink stays where it currently is, the door will hit the 31" sink. I want to be able to install the sink about 6-8" to the left of where it currently is. Is there some kind of extension or pipeing that can be added to the drain pipe to accomodate this without redoing the entire plumbing system? Any creative advice appreciated!

Replies to this post
There are none.