Re: Crane Bath Products
Posted by David on May 19, 2003 at 20:35:51:
In response to Re: Crane Bath Products
It would be very helpful to have a reliable list of supply shops for Crane products. I have a hot water faucet on the bathroom sink in my Durham NC home that slips when you try to turn it off. I've had a professional plumber do a temporary fix on it, but the work hasn't held up. I've consulted some places around town that don't carry Crane and don't have anything I can replace the facuet with, on account of the angle of the fixture mount on the sink. Any leads for places in the Raleigh-Durham area would be helpful. Thanks! David

: Unless the Crane fixtures are deteriorated, the parts are readily available at most parts stores. The drain thing is a drum trap, and the "bolt" is the wrench point for removing the cover. You usually have to cut the cover off, and if it is made of lead, then it will usually have a fine thread and those covers are no longer available. You would have to use a toggle cover, which is adequate until the drain plugs up again and then it might leak. You will not be able to unplug the drain until you remove the cover.

: : Hello. My house was built in 1951 and the bathroom is completely original. The spicket in the bath has started to drip constantly and the tub has always filled up with water when taking a shower. I've cleaned out the hair so that is not it. The lead bend pipe under the floor has been replaced with PVC so it's not clogged. There was, however, a cylinder that the contractor did not know what it was. We couldn't access it unless you had extremely long arms or we were going to tear out the bathroom...which we are not. He thinks it's a cleanout of some kind. The pipe runs from the drain and into the bottom half of the cylinder and there is another pipe that comes out the other side of it only out the top half. He said this could be the cause of the water backing up but didn't want to mess with it because he didn't want to cause a bigger problem just in case. This cylinder has a bolt on the top of it but like i said you can't get at this thing. Does anyone know what it is?

: : Back to the drip problem. I can't seem to find anyone that carries Crane products in Connecticut so I can replace the bath fixtures. We wanted to replace them with the same ones because the wall is tiled and behind the tile is concrete. The tile job would end up costing me too much money!!! Any suggestions?

: : Thanks!

Replies to this post
There are none.