Re: Cross Threaded
Posted by hj on May 18, 2003 at 09:17:28:
In response to Re: Cross Threaded
It is probably the vacuum breaker on the end of the faucet that you are trying to remove. It is secured to the faucet with a screw that was designed to break off once it was tightened. You either have to try to carefully cut it off or replace the faucet and put a new vacuum breaker on it. You will damage/destroy the faucet if you caontinue to try to unscrew it.

: It appears the people we bough our home from cross threaded the piece that the water hose attatches to onto the water spigot. After months of leaking when we use our hose, we finally bought new fittings. However, when we tried to remove the old with a pipe wrench, after a few turns, the piece stopped turning and we can feel the pipe that leads into our home bending.
: Is there anyway we can get this off ourselves, or do we need to call a plumber?
: Please reply to, Thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.