Re: Installing Garbage Disposal
Posted by renee' jo on May 12, 2003 at 11:38:13:
In response to Re: Installing Garbage Disposal
Situation: I was given a used but supposed to be a new garbage disposal. 1/3 power . There are big pipes and little pipes and a gasket and some rubber and plastic washers looks like. Is it as all possible to send me a diagram of instalation and parts, also the tools.. ? Please do so soon cause I rrrrrrrrreally need to get this thing in as soon as I can. Thanks

: : : Situation double bowl sink. Left sink drain go to the drain of right sink (dish washer on right so also ties into the drain of right sink).

: : : Behind left sing is drain that is not being used (roughed in for garbage disposal ?).

: : : Which sink (left or right) should the disposal be attached to? Also, if left sink should I break the drain to the right sink and use the seperate presently unused drain?

: : : I know ... stupid question ... just want to make sure I do it right.

: : : Thanks

: : : Bill
: : : B-Adams@attbi.com

: : Bill,

: : It sound like either way would work fine. I would guess that the left side would be an easier installation if you do not want to hook up the dishwasher line to it. If you do, then go with whichever side is easiest to achieve this. I would not bother hooking up the extra drain to it, you shouldnt need to, plus the right dran is known to be good.

: : Joel

Replies to this post
There are none.