Re: Kitchen sink relocation
Posted by Deb on May 10, 2003 at 13:34:12:
In response to Re: Kitchen sink relocation
: I'm planning on relocating my kitchen sink to the other side of the room (about 10 ft). I know I'm going to have to move the sewer pipe over but I'm unsure about the vent pipe. Can I tie into the existing one laterally or should I install a new one for the new sink? A dishwasher will also be using this line also.

I would say that the vent is going to have to be relocated. The origin for the KS vent is above the floor near the sink location. The normal install for a kitchen sink is a 2 x 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 san tee set at about 16". The vertical 1-1/2 opening is your vent and goes straight up into the ceiling or attic (to joint with other vents or go out by itself). The vertical 2" is your KS drain and the horizontal 1-1/2" is your KS trap arm (which needs to be within 42" of the p-traps for the sink, UPC code). There should also be a clean-out in there somewhere.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.