Re: Removing antifreeze taste
Posted by Gary Slusser on May 06, 2003 at 11:33:16:
In response to Re: Removing antifreeze taste
: I have a camp in the mountains that I close for winter and run nontoxic antifreeze through the well line (but not into the well). Some of this antifreeze stays in low spots, and I flush the whole line in the spring (about 700 feet of 1 inch black tubing). It's hard to avoid some residual antifreeze taste for the first month of use. Is there anything I can add to the flush water that would aid in eliminating this?
: Thanks.

How about blowing the lines with air instead of adding the anti-freeze. It sounds as if you have it in the well, otherwise, where is it coming from to last a month? It has to be in something other than that line unless you run very little water which I doubt.


Replies to this post