Re: installing bathroom dwv... how much cut in subfloor?
Posted by hj on May 01, 2003 at 23:35:10:
In response to Re: installing bathroom dwv... how much cut in subfloor?
The best suggestion would be to hire a plumber. You have a lot of questions and the answers may depend on how your house is built.
:
: My townhouse 3rd floor has a full bath.
: I'm trying to build a new bathroom which will be located on the other side of the wall back-to-back:
: Which means that the sink water pipes can be tapped back-to-back, and shower water pipes can be tapped back to back,,.
: but i'm wondering if the toilet drain-pip can also be tapped in similar fashion as well
: or do i need to run individual toilet drain lines directly to the main-stack?

: As for the vent, i figure i can just run it vertically up to the ceiling and connect it back to the main stack since it's the top-most floor anyway.

: Also, How do actually access the drain pipes underneat the subfloor? I ask this question because I get the feeling that I can't just freely saw through the subfloors from the top as there are supporting nails that hold up all the toilet/tub/sink fixtures in the other side of the wall. If I saw through that subfloor, it would have no support.

: On the other hand, I also don't want to access it from the floor below since doing so will destroy the kitchen-work below.
: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Replies to this post