Re: help
Posted by Deb on April 29, 2003 at 00:46:13:
In response to Re: help
: thanks to both you gentleman.
: on Ebay I found a wall mount faucet at 35 gpm. This is for a service/industrial type sink, however will work quite well for the tub I purchased. The swivel spout is a plus.
: For the drain assembly I saw locally for about $40. The brass version was $50. Both of these stipulated 18 inch.
: It seems doing my plumbing homework is paying off.

: thanks again

Are your sure that this isn't a 3.5 gpm sink faucet? I have never seen or heard of any kind of sink faucet that will put out anything close to 35 gpm, which is an incredible amount of water. This kind of volume requires a 3" p-trap and drainage line.
Deb
:
: : : The faucet's actual holes will always be smaller than the pipe running to the tub, unless the pipes are plastic.

: : : : this is how I found this message board because I bought a bargain American Standard whirlpool tub at Home Depot except the sales people want to sell me the "ONLY" faucet that will work for the tub for $200+ dollars. The tub doesn't even have pre-drilled holes on the deck and specifies not to drill your own.
: : : : Well I saw a bunch of faucets on Ebay and now totally confused. The GPM thing caught my attention. My tub holds 61 gallons full so if I get a 30 GPM faucet it should fill in 2 minutes, but what is the faucet holes are smaller than the pipe leading to the tub?
: : : : Plus there is a nightmare drain assembly.

: : : :
: : : : : i am a single mother trying to do my own plumbing.
: : : : : does a roman tub faucet have 3/4 inch fittings suitable for a whirlpool tub?
: : : : : does the 3/4 inch reduce to 1/2 inch?
: : : : : gpm ???
: : : : :

: : I always drill my holes for deck mounts.I've not seen instructions that say not to drill your own and don't know why it is said. You can use a wall mount faucet with an extended spout if compatible with your tub.
: : You do need an extended drain assembly. About $80.00 to $100.00. It is possible to make your own by adding a slip extension and an additional brass linkage from a toilet lift wire. However home mades tend to hang up. LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.