Re: Noisey Toilet
Posted by hj on April 28, 2003 at 09:37:40:
In response to Re: Noisey Toilet
Water hammer only occurs when a valve closes very quickly and the water has a high flow rate. Few toilet valves will close that quickly. You may be getting vibration from a bad fill valve.

: Thanks. I tried doing that but I get "water hammer" on one of the toilets. Thoughts?

: : It is probably because the toilets are filling very quickly. Turn the valve at the wall partially off to the point where the noise disappears.

: : : I recently moved into a house and discovered all of the toilets had leaking fill valves. I replaced them all, fixed the leaking problem, but discovered they are very noisey when they are filling. The noise seem to be coming from the fill valve outside the toilet. The noise does not come from anything else in the house except the toilets, the showers, faucets, etc, are very quiet. The noise is to the extent that you almost have to stop a conversation downstairs if someone flushes the toilet upstairs. It is not a hammering noise, just a loud whistling noise. Thoughts on how I can fix this?

Replies to this post
There are none.