Re: Toilet Flange
Posted by Paul on April 24, 2003 at 14:38:23:
In response to Re: Toilet Flange
It is not just a pipe, there is a flared end with about a 1/2" flat surface. I can not find a flange that will either fit in or around this device. I can not cut the pipe without removing the ceramic tile and subflooring again, as it is not accessible.

The "super flange" is a trade name. It is essentially a flat metal flange. It does not slip in or around the pipe, but rather sits on top of the pipe.

: What is a "nonflanged connection"? If it is just a piece of pipe, why can't you install a new flange over it?

: : I just replaced the subflooring and put ceramic tile down in my bathroom. The previous homeowner had a non-flanged ABS connection and the toilet was secured directly to the subfloor. I feel like I should have replaced the connection with a new flange, but now it is too late. My hardware store suggested a "super flange" that is sealed against the existing pipe and then screwed to the floor.

: : Will this really work or did I screw up and need to pull the ceramic tile?

Replies to this post