Re: Terry, socket won't work either...
Posted by LonnythePlumber on April 22, 2003 at 22:11:24:
In response to Re: Terry, socket won't work either...
: : : The faucet has a threaded shaft about 3 inches or so long, and coming out the bottom is the hose for the sprayer and 2 water lones which are bent outward somewhat, its a Pegasus brand any other ideas???Can I maybe take this thing apart and use a socket then stuff the guts back in?

: :
: : : : Casman,
: : : : I use a deep socket with extension with a rachet wrench. Some faucets come with their own extension in the box.

: :
: : That was copper water lines sticking through the end about 4 inches further than the shaft...

: Several companies make this type of faucet and have an offset wrench that comes with the faucet. Perhaps you can find one of these the correct size.
: Last resort option: My boyfriend is a welder and I have him "build" whatever I need. I had one of these that was really tough--no room to work and we couldn't remove the sink. I used an open end wrench, and had him cut the handle about 1" from the wrench end and weld it at a 90 degree angle. If this is a combination wrench, you can use the box end to put a screwdriver through to give you leverage.
: Now if you could find a very lighweight wrench, you might be able to put it in a vise, heat it and bend it.
: Deb
: The Pipewench

I use an eight or ten inch adjustable wrench and insert my plier handle in the wrench handle hole. You can only get about 1/8 turn at a time and you have to flip the wrench over every time. I do this before I connect the water supplies so I can get the adjustable wrench on in a semi-vertical position.
LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.