Re: Terry, socket won't work either...
Posted by Deb on April 22, 2003 at 19:18:38:
In response to Re: Terry, socket won't work either...
: : The faucet has a threaded shaft about 3 inches or so long, and coming out the bottom is the hose for the sprayer and 2 water lones which are bent outward somewhat, its a Pegasus brand any other ideas???Can I maybe take this thing apart and use a socket then stuff the guts back in?

:
: : : Casman,
: : : I use a deep socket with extension with a rachet wrench. Some faucets come with their own extension in the box.

:
: That was copper water lines sticking through the end about 4 inches further than the shaft...

Several companies make this type of faucet and have an offset wrench that comes with the faucet. Perhaps you can find one of these the correct size.
Last resort option: My boyfriend is a welder and I have him "build" whatever I need. I had one of these that was really tough--no room to work and we couldn't remove the sink. I used an open end wrench, and had him cut the handle about 1" from the wrench end and weld it at a 90 degree angle. If this is a combination wrench, you can use the box end to put a screwdriver through to give you leverage.
Now if you could find a very lighweight wrench, you might be able to put it in a vise, heat it and bend it.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post