Re: Hiring a plumber
Posted by LonnythePlumber on April 17, 2003 at 19:51:21:
In response to Re: Hiring a plumber
: I want to install a second bath with a sink, toilet and shower stall. The room used to be a porch and already has electricity.
: I plan to do a lot of the cosmetic work myself (tiling, painting, etc.) but I need a plumber to set up all the connections and install
: the sink, etc. My existing bath is on the second floor of my house, and I want to install this one on the first floor. The biggest problem with it is that the former porch
: is outside the cellar walls and is not directly under the upstairs bathroom. It has it's own roof (nothing above it) so a vent could be installed. Is their a ballpark of how much it might cost to hire a plumber for this kind of project?
: I've heard everything from $5,000 to $9,000. Would it really cost that much just for the plumber?

It's high for Wichita, KS. Repair plumbers here are around $75.00 an hour. A good shower and faucet will cost about $600.00 and installing them with material is another $600.00. Presuming you don't have to break concrete your drain, vent and water rough in can be another $2,000.00. This $3,200.00 should cover the rough-in. This price does not include setting finish and buying the toilet and vanity which can be another $1,000.00
It's best to get bids from several plumbers.
LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.