main sewer clean-out
Posted by a. coussa on April 13, 2003 at 23:17:02:
I had a sewer cleaning service clean or remove the obstruction in my main sewer pipe.
I think the problem was, mostly roots from the tree in front of my house. After the work was done, I turned a couple of faucets on and flushed the toilet. When the water reached the clean-out opening, it rose to the top of the clean-out opening before it continued on its way to the street. Is this normal or should it have stayed close to the bottom of the pipe? Or may be rise half way between the bottom and the top of the 4 inch pipe, (I guess).
I noticed not one but two plugs, several inches apart. I suppose the trap is in the middle between the two plugs.
I ask, should the man have inserted "his snake" into the hole on the inside instead of the one closer to the street? If that's possible, that is. And by doing this, the trap would have been cleaned out as well. I am guessing he was too lazy to do this and this
is the cause of the water stream rising to the top of the clean-out hole before dropping, on its way to the street.

Replies to this post