Re: Flange is up to high and toilet is will not sit flat. Back is off the ground 1/4" to 1/2"
Posted by Casman on April 10, 2003 at 10:08:43:
In response to Re: Flange is up to high and toilet is will not sit flat. Back is off the ground 1/4" to 1/2"
: I just remodeled my bathroom and replaced the floor and installed a new flange. The flange should sit directly on the floor the toilet sits on, in this case you're hardwood floor. if the flange is stitting higher than this here is what I did. I cut the pipe under the house and removed the old flange. then i installed a new piece of pipe (pvc) to where I cut below the house using a rubber connection piece around the old pipe and slid the new pipe in the other end of the connector. Then I glued ny new flange into the pipe at the right height. i went to Home Depot with the old pipe and they set me up with everything I needed, pipe, connectors and flange.

: : I had a leaking wax ring and the floor rotted under toilet. I took toilet off and replaced the hardwood but now think that the flange is up off the concrete to much. It is at least an inch or more above concrete. Toilet will not rest flat on the floor and rocks extremely back.

: : Can this flange be taken off and the plastic pipe cut down and flange put back on?

Yup...

Replies to this post
There are none.