Re: Basement Remodel
Posted by hj on March 31, 2003 at 08:36:11:
In response to Re: Basement Remodel
Unless you are just going to have a toilet and wash basin, you will still have to tear up the floor for the tub/shower.

: I am adding a bathroom to my remodeled (in progress) basement. The sewer connections are below floor level so I don't have to pump the waste up any. There are relatively low ceilings; however, so rather than building up a platform for a bottom waste feed or tearing up the concrete I'm looking for a reasonable alterative. I've doing some research and have found several mentions to wall-mounted toilets, but I'm wary of the high cost of this type of installation (400-600 w/mounting hardware). This is almost half of what I intended to spend for the whole bathroom.

: Am I really being that much of a cheapskate, when a decent quality regular toilet only runs $150-200? What about floor mounted back flush toilets? Are these any cheaper? Pros & Cons?

: This is a project I'd like to finish this summer and I don't want to do any more construction till I get this issue worked out. Any help is appreciated.

Replies to this post