Re: Toilet Flange and New Tile Floor
Posted by LonnythePlumber on March 27, 2003 at 19:02:24:
In response to Re: Toilet Flange and New Tile Floor
: I don't know if this helps or not, but I've been in the same situation. I've tiled four bathrooms and had the same problem you've described. I found a closet flange spacer kit at Home Depot that solved the problem. It's basically a series of rubber gaskets and a disk that fit over your existing flange and raise the height so that the flange will sit above the new finish floor height. The spacer is held in place by the closet bolts. I've used them three times, and they have worked flawlessly. Any hardware store should have something like that available. Hope this helps!

You need to reposition the toilet flange to sit on top of the finished floor. The spacer kits still expose the edge of the flooring to moisture from the toilet and condensation. If you have lead you may be able to get an extended brass toilet flange. It would be better to replace the lead. If it is ABS (black Plastic you should be able to cut off the top of the flange and cut grooves in the hub and peal the hub off with wood chisels. There are also flanges that will glue inside the pipe.
LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.