Re: Pressure Regulator Valve - Problem Solved
Posted by Bronson Beisel on March 27, 2003 at 11:15:29:
In response to Re: Pressure Regulator Valve - Problem Solved
Well, I bought a new pressure regulator last night with plans of installing it today. Our water pressure was absolutely pitiful. Before installing the new one, I decided to see if I couldn't take apart the old one and see if there was some blockage. I removed the four screws holding the manifold cover in place.

When I took the manifold off, I noticed that there are TWO nuts holding the adjustment screw. One is the set nut, and the other is located at the top of the manifold, but was hidden from view by the manufacturer's tag.

The reason I could not adjust the set screw clockwise had something to do with the second nut just above the manifold. When I loosened it, I was able to adjust the set screw clockwise back to (thanks to paint overspray) what I figured was the original setting.

I then tightened up the nut above the manifold, and then tightened the set nut. I reinstalled the whole thing, and lo and behold, my pressure is back!

All the minor adjustments I did were, apparently, only REDUCING the pressure in the house. Since I couldn't easily turn the set screw clockwise, I could never increase the pressure. There are no leaks, no whistles, no rattles. All seems to be working well. Thanks!

Replies to this post
There are none.