stop valve for pex
Posted by dick on March 26, 2003 at 22:56:34:
I want to replace some of my pipes with 1/2" pex. I'll need to use local stop valves for the sink an toilet. How do i attach the stop valve to the wall?? there doesn't seem to be any fittings made for this application.?
I would think I need an elbow 1/2pex x 1/2 FNPT (or MNPT)with a flange on the NPT end that I could screw to the outside of the wall. the pex end would then be inside the wall pointed up (I have attic plumbing, no basement).

Available pex fittings seem to be intended for just running the pex out of a hole in the wall and leaving the stop valve just hanging on the pex. This doesn't seem like a very sturdy arrangement.


Replies to this post
There are none.