Re: Wall Mounted Elongated Bowl toilets
Posted by Chris Merkel on March 21, 2003 at 09:50:04:
In response to Re: Wall Mounted Elongated Bowl toilets
I just finished my basement last month & used the American Standard GLENWALL toilet. The tank is pressure assisted & everything works fine. I used a wall mount toilet because I wasn't stubbed in for a bathroom - given this, I didn't feel like digging up 19' of concrete.

Anyway, this toilet lists for around $600 - however, I got my at Home Depot (special order) for $360. It was $510 at Lowes - still can't figure out why such a price difference.

You can order the pieces separately or all together. I have an extra tank for this (not even opened). If you're interested email me & I will give you an extremely good price on the tank (includes lid) - then you would just have to buy the bowl portion (and of course the toilet seat).

Also, regarding the wall support, I went with a Zurn carrier. They are called "Wall Closet Carriers". The model I went with is the Z1212. It ran just over $100 & includes everything you need to bolt the toilet on. You'd probably want to use 2x6 for you walls.

-Chris

cmerkel@lewisellis.com

: I'm interested in having a wall-mounted toilet in a new construction. Do you have any preferences between makes/models? Are wall mounted more difficult to install? Are they more problem prone? What is the best way to secure them? Should I expect an installation "up charge" from my plumber for installation?

: Hope to hear back from you. Great site and very helpful!!!!! Thank you!!

Replies to this post
There are none.