Re: Envirotech Tankless Hot Water heater (electric)
Posted by hj on March 19, 2003 at 22:34:08:
In response to Re: Envirotech Tankless Hot Water heater (electric)
I assume the 4.8 part is the wattage of the elements. If so, then there is no way that will heat the amount of water you desire. That wattage will probably only give you lukewarm water which is what you are experiencing. In addition, in order to enable the unit to heat water, the velocity, and therefore the pressure, has to be reduced at the heater. That is the reason for the lower hot water volume compared to the cold water. To get the amount of hot water you need, you would need about three times the power that you have and that would require much larger wires and could overload your service panel, depending on its size.

I recently purchased a tankless hot water heater from Envirotech (a company located in Arizona). Envirotech asked me several questions about my condo before advising/recommending one of their products (the ESI 2000 4.8 model). I bought the product and arranged for the plumber and electrician to install it according to the installation instructions provided with the model. So far, I have had limited hot water. Envirotech (after 5 phone calls - involving the electrician and me) finally admitted there was a problem with one of the two circuit breakers provided. They have sent me another circuit breaker to install tonight.

: I am hoping this will make the unit work properly. I am only able to get lukewarm water out of the unit now. I am hoping to get hot water out of it after this.

: At present, I have spent over $870 on the unit alone and another $750 for the electrician and plumber. Also, I noticed my tub when the lever is pointed to the hot water selection, runs about 1/2 the flow of the cold water selection. It is only happening on the tub. Envirotech suggested I have the plumber come back into check the inflow sensor to make sure it isn't clogged. This doesn't make sense to me as the cold and hot water both run through the ESI 2000 - the only difference is the cold keeps on running through the model instead of stopping to get "heated". Am I being "hoodwinked"?

Replies to this post