Re: Floor drain float ball
Posted by hj on March 10, 2003 at 22:27:17:
In response to Re: Floor drain float ball
The where is easier than the how. Look at the drain and see what the manufacturer's name is. Then contact a plumber to have him order the backwater assembly. You will probably not be able to buy the ball separately. You may be able to remove it by using a hammer and chisel to drift the piece loose.

: I have a basement cast iron floor drain that backflows when the washing machine runs. There are no clogs in the system and I have determined that it is due to the float ball not sealing correctly against the gasket in the throat. In other words it not longer stops backwater flow (like it use to). My first question is where do I find a tool to unscrew the 2 1/4" thread body that holds down the float ball? There are 4 slots on this that are located opposed to one another. The second question is where do I locate a replacement thread body and float ball?

Replies to this post
There are none.