Re: Refinished tub is chipping
Posted by Sara on March 07, 2003 at 01:19:52:
In response to Re: Refinished tub is chipping
Of course, first see if you can find out who refinished it before and whether it is still under warranty for repair. Those refinishing jobs are supposed to last for years, it probably should not be chipping already unless you are dropping bowling balls in your tub. Otherwise, for professional help contact a place like Miracle Method for refinishing (check the yellow pages, there are actual numerous companies that do this). Depending upon the extent of the chipping you could also try repairing it yourself. Last week I removed the sliding glass doors from our bathtub so that I could bathe my young kids without all of us bruising our knees and elbows every time... and filled in the 7 screw holes using a fiberglass tub/shower repair kit made by Lasco which I got at Home Depot (also available at Orchard Supply. Call first, only the Home Depots in my area which actually sell tubs and showers carried it). It was very easy, and I am definitely NO Tim the Tool Man. It looks great, you cannot even tell where the holes were unless you knew to look. Good luck!

Replies to this post
There are none.