Re: Can rats enter through toilet?
Posted by Dan on March 04, 2003 at 11:46:40:
In response to Re: Can rats enter through toilet?
Thanks for your response. I was looking for anectdotal evidence that rats don't come up through the trap, and your story shows that it does happen some times. I'm going to try not to worry about it though, because we have lived in this house for years, and no rats have ever come in. I've only heard of two first hand accounts of it happening (yours included) so it can't be that common. I imagine this rat found my dry warm pipe and stayed there as long as it was comfortable. Once I hooked up the toilet and flushed a few times, it probably wasn't as happy anymore. Hopefully it moved on.
Thanks again,
-Dan

: Dan:

: I doubt you want to hear this, but a rat appeared in my Mom's toilet one night, awaking her with a splash as, we presume, it fell back in. Now, years later, we laugh about her calling Animal Control in the middle of the night (they couldn't do anything that late) and how she put something heavy on the toilet seat lid to keep it contained. She managed to pour an entire gallon of chlorine bleach into the toilet without lifting the lid, and waited (sleeplessly) for the rest of the night. By morning, when she was sure it was no longer a threat, she lifted the lid to find one very-white rat floating in the water. Wasn't funny at the time, but it makes a great story these days.

: - John Scates

Replies to this post
There are none.