Re: QUEST PIPE CLASS ACTION SUITS
Posted by belinda on February 25, 2003 at 00:14:04:
In response to Re: QUEST PIPE CLASS ACTION SUITS
: Hi Monty. You sent me an email probably in response to my post. I've been told that the suit only covers homes for 10 years from the date they were built. Therefore, my home is not covered because it was built in 1985 and in order to get assistance, I would have had to file by 1995. Since I had no knowledge of the suit until 1999+ that was impossible. I have contacted the organization that is accepting applications - apparently quest pipes were still being installed up to 1993 so people that own homes that were built in 1992 and 1993 can still apply as part of the class action lawsuit. The rest of us are out of luck. So, anyone out there that has a trailor or modular home (I don't know if quest was ever installed in regular homes) they should get the information and submit a claim ASAP. Time is definately of the essence. It will only get worse. This is know from experience.

: I was told they advertised in Reader's Digest, as well as several other magazine, on the radio, television. I never saw the ads. And apparently neither did my plumber. Either that, or he was having so much fun making all that money from me that he didn't feel it was necessary to let me know.

: I think it is interesting that while they say they advertised, even the "Class Actions Online" webpage doesn't come up with anything when you search for "quest", "pipes", "polypropolene". This is the response received to each of those three searches:

:
: Search the Site

:
: Search for news on a particular case

:
: No documents found. Please try again.
:

: Please help get the word out to home owners. Most people living in modular homes and trailers really don't have a lot of money and can't afford to do the repairs that these pipes cause.

Replies to this post
There are none.