Re: another toilet flange question
Posted by Terry Love on February 20, 2003 at 22:15:57:
In response to Re: another toilet flange question

I could be done by a handy person. Like hj, I like to remove the lead and use the cast iron hub below.
I have used a rubber fernco that works as a replacement for the lead seal.
It allows the use of plastic pipe and flange.
I taper the end of the pipe, and using soap, slide the pipe in. Terry

: Seems like I have a lot of "makeshift" plumbing in this house I bought a year ago! Does "makeshift" mean it won't work or not last? I have two drain lines I can think off the top of my head that are PVC to cast iron. I'm a electrician and maybe I should stick to wires but I like to do things myself. Attempting this situation, am I being realistic? Or should I call a plumber? Anyone?

Replies to this post