Re: another toilet flange question
Posted by hj on February 20, 2003 at 07:56:05:
In response to Re: another toilet flange question
Have a plumber take the lead and brass ferrule insert, then replace it with a piece of cast iron pipe and a cast iron flange. Anything else will be a "makeshift" installation.

: I have a cast iron drain system that has a lead "collar" the last 6 inches or so directly underneath the toilet. I removed the toilet to replace the floor. The toilet was bolted to a plastic adapter flange which was inserted into the lead collar. How do I go about replacing the flange for a new toilet with the lead material very much abused?

: I've had advice on cutting the lead down to the brass insert (appears to be part of the lead?) and use a no-hub connection and PVC to a new flange. What would you recommend? Thanks,

: Jeff

Replies to this post