|Posted by tom on February 18, 2003 at 08:37:46:|
|In response to Re: replacing supply line from main to house|
this is how it works in Ca.
1. you are not allowed a 2" water service in residential-the price for a 2" meter is horrendous.
2. 2"cu. pipe is usually DWV not pressure pipe, except in commercial situations.
3. Pressure Relief Valves are commonly buried - wether this is UPC approved i dont know.It's always struck me as a bad practice.
4. $1200 seems excessive for 85ft.
5. Usually soft roll cu. is used - two adapters and one gate valve and thats it.
6. hand digging an 85ft trench should take 2hrs, use drops to protect the garden etc.
|Replies to this post|