Re: dwv size
Posted by hj on February 06, 2003 at 08:29:11:
In response to Re: dwv size
Without seeing what you plan to do I cannot tell you if what you plan is acceptable or not. But if this is the only vertical vent pipe in the house then it cannot be reduced to 2" and then increased back to 3". If there are multiple vertical vent pipes and their areas equal that of a 3" pipe then they can be connected together and then exit the roof as a 3" pipe.

: I planned on going through the roof with a 3inch vent but since the toliet and shower will vent into main vent in the attic is it acceptable to reduce down to a 2inch below that point since only the two sinks will be draining and venting into this pipe. Let me rephrase it : I know you can never reduce down in a waste run but can you reduce down on a vent as long as vent size is appropriate, thanks : If tnat is going to be the only vent in the system, most codes would require that it be a full 3" through the roof.

: : : I'm installing a new dwv system in my cabin most of the piping will have to be a horizontal runs with the exception of the the vents. The bathroom and kitchen sinks will be the only drains going into the stack vent.I'll be using 3 inch pvc for the main drain lines and reventing all fixtures to main stack in attic. My question is does the main stack vent have to be a 3 inch or can I reduce the main vent to 2inch.

Replies to this post
There are none.