Re: Hot water heater
Posted by Steven Hershey on January 20, 2003 at 10:09:12:
In response to Re: Hot water heater
I have the same unit and it is always a problem. I think that it is a design or manufacturing problem and that they are bad units. It is extremely difficult to keep it running. My longest stretch was about a year. If you ever get it running, don't change the temperature or touch in any way, or it will quit working again. That has been my experience.

: It could be due to the furnace flue being too small, or partially plugged, and the gases are filling the room putting the pilot out. There may not be enough fresh air to supply both units. There could be a problem inside the furnace heat exchanger. The gas pipe may not be large enough to supply both burners. There could be any number of reasons for it happening, the thermocouple being the least likely, but most of them imply a serious problem that should be corrected as soon as possilbe. One thing that will help would be to leave the door to the heater room open and see if that cures the problem. If so, then it narrows the possibilities down considerably.

: : My bradford white ttw2 pilot keeps going out when the heater/ac is running

Replies to this post