Re: Mild shock from drain pipe.
Posted by hj on January 13, 2003 at 14:43:38:
In response to Re: Mild shock from drain pipe.
It may not be low voltage, it could be low amperage. The only way to tell is to have someone test the system for an electrical leakage. If the power is in the hot water system, it should not make any difference whether the water is running or not.

: A friend of mine installed a pedestal sink in which the drain pipe is thin walled metal going into cast iron in the wall. He was having trouble tightening the connections and checking for leaks when he noticed he was being shocked with the hot water on. There is an electric water heater and the old one was removed to locate a new one at a new location. What could cause a low voltage shock from a drain pipe?




Replies to this post
There are none.