Re: Salt free water softeners
Posted by hj on January 13, 2003 at 14:41:15:
In response to Re: Salt free water softeners
Unless I missed something, they call theirs a filter and water treatment unit, not a water softener. As such it would be an adjunct to a water softener, but not a replacement, regardless of what they say. Removing impurities is not the same as altering its composition to remove the calcium component. Using "scare tactics" to discredit softeners and boost their units tends to make their claims somewhat suspect. In addition, all the material that they remove has to go somewhere. If it remains in the unit, then the unit either has to be serviced at some time, or the stuff will increase to the point where the unit has to let it pass through and sometimes also carry some of the accumulated "junk" with it making the water worse than when it started.

: I'm looking for more input on salt free water softeners and how well they work. In particular, I've been looking at one made by RainDance called Maxi-Cure. Does anyone have any advice on these? The Maxi-Cure can be seen at the link provided. Thank you.

Replies to this post