Re: New Home Construction
Posted by hj on December 30, 2002 at 08:12:59:
In response to Re: New Home Construction
Without seeing the actual installation anything is a guess, but that sounds like a PEX manifold, but if that were the case all the piping inside the walls would be plastic. Open the box and see if it has several "levers" marked for the various faucets, blue being cold and red hot.

: Terry,
: I am looking at buying a newly constructed house. When looking at the basement of the model I noticed 2 plastic tubes coming in (one red and one blue). The tubes enter from the outside into a black junction box and then run into the walls. The strange thing is that the hot water heater, the furnace, and the rough plumbing throughout the house is copper. My question is what type of tubing is coming into the house? Is the tubing safe? Should the tubing be joined to copper pipes?

: Thanks,


Replies to this post
There are none.