Re: RE: Sudden Drain Clogg ***
Posted by hj on December 27, 2002 at 22:07:05:
In response to Re: RE: Sudden Drain Clogg ***
Very few "well known" drain cleaners advertise in the "greensheet" newspaper. Those are usually unlicensed, uninsured handyman types who are "expert" in whatever task you have to do. As far as quoting over the phone is concerned, I always throw in the caveat that the price is a minimum and can vary depending on how long it takes to clean the drain. Unfortunately, many customer have selective hearing and listen to the price, and then turn off anything that is said after it.

: Ask your brother-in law if water is exiting through the outside wall when he runs water in those sinks.If so, then he can unstop that drain from the outside wall clean-out. He can rent a sink-line electric drain machine at a Home Depot or similar type store for around $30.00. Tell him to let the hot water run slow as he runs the drain machine from the outside.Now if the water is filling up in the sinks and dishwater and NOT running out of the outside wall cleanout, then the stoppage is somewhere close. i would recommend that you call a well-known drain cleaner. Look in you Greensheet newspaper in your area, or your thrifty nickle paper and look in the busines ad. You should find one who will do it for around $50-$75.00. If they dont give you a price over the phone dont use them.Ask them about a warranty of their work.They may have to take some piping under your sink aloose to run a snake to the stoppage. Have you tried to vigerously plunge the sinks with two plungers. Have a friend hold down on the plunger on one side of the sink while you vigerously plunge the other side. Sometimes this works very quickly.

: ClogCleaner

Replies to this post
There are none.