Re: Toto MS853113S
Posted by Dennis on December 26, 2002 at 17:09:35:
In response to Re: Toto MS853113S
: Can only tell you from my experience. Tried a Carlyle with sanagloss in one bathroom. After a week, ordered the same for the rest of the bathrooms. Have never owned or used a toilet anywhere that performs like these do!
: Paul

That is why I don't think Toto needs to make this
claim if it is not true. Toto's reputation is good
enough without such claims.

I wonder if the Sanagloss toilets ARE fully glazed
and the others are not?

: : Hmmm. I'm in the process of deciding which Toto to buy, so this concerns me. My first thought is that you should call the place that sold the toilet to you and have them come out to inspect. It could be that it's defective. Has it been installed already?

: : My second thought is to e-mail and/or call Toto's tollfree customer service & report this. They could tell you what to do and whether it should feel any different inside the trapway. They could possibly tell you that it might be a defective model.

: : My third thought is that the supplier sold you an old bowl, if the trap used to not be fully glazed.

: : I'm also wondering if a different type of glaze is used on interior of the trapway. That's disturbing, also.

: : I think that the least possibility is that Toto is engaging in false advertising. As you state, it is very easy for the average person to check out the glazing, not to mention the numerous plumbers that install them. It just wouldn't benefit any large company to outright lie about such an important detail. Not that it couldn't happen, but it's not likely. But defects DO happen....a machine misses glazing a part on the assembly line, or a worker misses pushing a button. The warranty should cover any glazing defect. Let us know what you find out.

It doesn't feel like a different type of glaze.
It feels like no glaze. If I get an answer from
Toto, I'll let you know. I think I will have to
wait until the holiday season is over before I can
expect a reply.

By the way, I am beginning to think that the UltraMax
and the Ultima use the same bowl. The number on
mine only says C853 (round front) and both the
UltraMax and Ultima share the 853/4 numbers. If
the bowls and tanks are the same, then what is the
difference between G-Max and Power Gravity? If
you look for details about the differences, You
can't find any except for the name and the
description, "High head pressure to maximize flow
rate." How do you get higher head pressure if the
tanks are the same? The dimensions are identical.
It sounds like hype to me.

Maybe Terry can enlighten us?

Dennis

Replies to this post
There are none.