Re: Toto MS853113S
Posted by Paul W on December 26, 2002 at 10:07:09:
In response to Re: Toto MS853113S
Can only tell you from my experience. Tried a Carlyle with sanagloss in one bathroom. After a week, ordered the same for the rest of the bathrooms. Have never owned or used a toilet anywhere that performs like these do!

Paul

: Hmmm. I'm in the process of deciding which Toto to buy, so this concerns me. My first thought is that you should call the place that sold the toilet to you and have them come out to inspect. It could be that it's defective. Has it been installed already?

: My second thought is to e-mail and/or call Toto's tollfree customer service & report this. They could tell you what to do and whether it should feel any different inside the trapway. They could possibly tell you that it might be a defective model.

: My third thought is that the supplier sold you an old bowl, if the trap used to not be fully glazed.

: I'm also wondering if a different type of glaze is used on interior of the trapway. That's disturbing, also.

: I think that the least possibility is that Toto is engaging in false advertising. As you state, it is very easy for the average person to check out the glazing, not to mention the numerous plumbers that install them. It just wouldn't benefit any large company to outright lie about such an important detail. Not that it couldn't happen, but it's not likely. But defects DO happen....a machine misses glazing a part on the assembly line, or a worker misses pushing a button. The warranty should cover any glazing defect. Let us know what you find out.

Replies to this post