knock out plug fell in pipe
Posted by Kent K on December 24, 2002 at 15:59:45:
Help,

In a basement bath I glued flange to waste pipe and attached a toilet flange to the cement floor. The flange had a knock out plug for pressure testing and in my haste to get the flange down I forgot I wanted to knock out plug prior to gluing down as pressure test not required by my local inspector.

So I knocked out plug afterwards and the flat plastic disk fell in the pipe and I have not been able to snake with a wire clothes hanger.

Should I call a roto rooter man with borescope to remove, or risk trying to wash the plug through the system? The plug is about 2.5" in diameter and the pipe is 3" with minor bends for about 8'and then goes to 4" with at least two 90 degree turns prior to septic tank / pumping station.

If the pipe was all brand new I wouldn't be quite so worried, but I'm afraid that some of the pipe original to the house (approx 15 yrs) may have build up that would snag this disk and create a real mess.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not going to call a pro or try to flush system until after the holidays.

Thanks, Kent

Replies to this post