Re: Plumbing problems
Posted by Dale Goninon on December 13, 2002 at 08:06:45:
In response to Re: Plumbing problems
Here in Australia, when it is particularly dry, it has been noted that this can occur when the earth stake of the electical system is in dry ground which effectively causes no earth at all. One of the best solutions that is used here quite frequently is to 'water' the earth stake of the electrical system. We sometines put a PVC 'sheath' around the earth stake to 'cup' the water (effectively creating a reservoir). If there is no earth stake, then I agree with Terry - this needs to be investigated as it is likely that current is being returned via the plumbing.
As a side note, all metal based plumbing in Australia need to be bonded to the electrical earth to stop this sort of thing.

Regards,

Dale (currently renovating a 100 YO house with none of this....!)

: : When I touch the taps in my bathroom that are constantly hot, even when no water is running through them the wall where the pipes run along is also hot. Is this normal. I am also receiving a shock when I take a shower, and the water droplets feel as if they are electrically charged. I live in Egypt and this seems to problem here. Any advice

: Carol,
: It sounds like a dangerous situation there. You may have a "hot" electrical wire touching an ungrounded water line.
: In certain cases, it could cause a death.

Replies to this post
There are none.