Re: Adding Lav to Shower/Tub drain
Posted by hj on November 27, 2002 at 07:54:10:
In response to Re: Adding Lav to Shower/Tub drain
Without seeing your actual setup anything we suggest will be a guess, but from your description, it appears that you can connect the lavatory drain to either the toilet or tub vent riser. If it is within the allowable trap arm distance, then you would also not need a revent for it. This is assuming this is not a lower level bathroom with a toilet above it.

: I'm remodeling a small master bathroom and am investigating adding a lavatory rough in to an alcove area on a wall adjacent to the master bathroom. I'd like to connect the lavatory drain to the tile shower/tub drain using a horziontal wye line that connects to a vertical cross tee (back to back vent/waste stack shared by the tub/shower drain in the other bathroom).

: I can do a revent from the lav to the vent stack above the water closet that vents to the roof. The shower/tub vent is revented to this stack as well.

: Can this be done per the UPC? I did some reading and it looks like each fixture drain line may need to be connected separately.

: Thanks,

: Lee

Replies to this post