roots in sewer
Posted by Liz on November 18, 2002 at 15:05:25:
Hi,

My sewer line has stopped up twice. The first time I had it roto rootered it stayed clear for almost two years, this time for just over one year.

I'm afraid at some point I might have to have my sewer line replaced as I have quite a few trees and shrubs near the line. The line also runs under a driveway and a privacy fence, some fruit trees, and the cleanout is set in stone. I'm looking around for a simpler, less expensive solution. I think I have a terra cotta sewer, though I'm not positive.

I'd like to know how I should proceed from here. Should i just keep having it Roto-Rootered for now and see what happens? I just did a search on the net and read up on RootX which is sold only to plumbers, which is supposed to kill the roots. It's supposed to be guaranteed to work for a year, though I would need to get the line cleared first before it's applied. Supposedly it is environmentally safe, at least they say that. I'm wondering it this is a good solution. (Here's a link to some info.) http://www.connel.net/rootx/

Also, there are plumbing companies around here now who use a machine to go inside the line and break up the old sewer line and replace it without having to dig. Can anyone tell me anything about that?

Thanks!
Liz

Replies to this post