Re: Help! Drain basket won't stop leaking!
Posted by hj on November 12, 2002 at 08:12:46:
In response to Re: Help! Drain basket won't stop leaking!
You are not getting good replacement strainers. Otherwise the slip nuts and strainer threads would be good enough and long enough to use the rubber gaskets.
: I'm installing an old restrauant style sink in my basement and it's got me at wits end. It's a stainless steel "line sink" that has two tubs with kitchen style drain baskets. Should be a piece of cake to hook-up, right? NOT!!

: I'm having a problem getting a good seal between the drain basket and the flanged pipe that connects to it (all 1 1/2" metal). I'm using a plastic flanged washer between the two, but it's leaking all around the connection. The plastic doesn't seem like it wants to make a good seal, and none of the slip joint nuts are deep enough so I can fit a larger rubber washer up there too. I tried getting new baskets thinking they were the problem, but still no luck! Even tried string packing in desparation.

: HELP! What else can I try here? Plumber's Goop? Epoxy Putty? I hate using glues because they're so hard to come off. I'd like to just find a better washer to make that connection. Tips? PLEASE?

: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :-)

Replies to this post
There are none.